Many People do not see membership or participation in the Church as important. However, when one considers the teaching of the New Testament, one realizes that not only is the concept for church membership taught, but also one can see multiple reasons for being a faithful member of a local church. First, we must realize that when one has come into a saving relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, one is brought into the family of God and is brought into the “universal” church (Ephesians 2:16,19). The “Church” in this respect has no organization or tangible features. It is based upon the finished work of Christ. Through the blood of Christ, we are members of the body of Christ (Romans 12:5; Ephesians 1:22,23). Secondly, the Scriptures teach that every Christ foll0wer is to be a functional part of a local church. When we look into the Word of God we will discover that:
- There are about 33 separate local churches mentioned in the New Testament. These 33 local churches consisted of Christians in a geographic area that had banded together as a local church. Churches were not an optional matter, but were, in fact, an essential part and feature of early Christianity (Acts 14:27; 1 Cor. 11:18; 14:28.)
- People “joined” a local church. In Acts 9:26,27, Saul desired to “join” himself to the church at Jerusalem. When one “joins himself” to a local church, one becomes an identifiable and contributing part, one who views very seriously one’s membership. The word “join” implies firmness and immovability. That word “joined” in the Greek is descriptive of close and intimate relationships. This is the word Jesus used when describing the relationship and proximity of husband and wife. It is simply defined as, “To glue or cement together, then, generally, to unite, to join firmly.” This is indicative of the importance and the nature of membership in the local church.
Becoming a Member of Transformation Church
A Member is someone who is an active participant of Transformation Church and is committed to joining together with other Christ followers to help people far from God to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
How do I become a Member of Transformation Church?
In order to be a member you are required to take a four hour orientation Church Membership class. This class covers:
- Getting To Know Us
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Ministry Objectives and Partnership Commitments
- What We Believe – Our Statement of Faith
- Church Structure
- Getting Involved
At the end of the class there will be an opportunity for you to complete the process by filling in the Membership Application Form.
If you would like to apply to become a Member of Transformation Church, please fill out the form below. Our next Membership Class will be held on Saturday, June 1st at 9:00am.